Natural Hair Is On The Rise!!



More and more people are deciding to go natural these days. I wrestled with going going natural for a while. When I first tried to go natural, I just did not know what to do with my hair. I went to a hair stylist and she convinced me to get a perm!!! She stated that there was nothing she could do with it in its natural state. It is distressing to know that so many "professional" hair stylist do not know what to do with African American hair in its natural state. Many years later, I decided to do it again this time with the help of online resources such as Motown Girl & Nappturality.


Now, there are so many more resources out there than before to help people with their natural journey. It is refreshing to see so many people embracing their own natural beauty. I wonder sometimes where did we go wrong with what we considered as "beautiful" for African American women and their hair. I can speculate that our history may have had something to do with it.

So for those who are considering going natural or are already natural, here are some useful links:

Hair Care:
Motown Girl
Nappturality
My Natural Hair Care Guide
The Course Hair Diary
Going Natural
Afrobella
Afroniquely You
Curly Nikki
Black Strands
Naturally Curly
Treasured Locks
Urban Curlz
Natural Hair Rules
YMIB
The Coil Review
Kinnks Natural Hair Resources
Hairlicious Inc
Mahogany Butterfly
Clutch Magazine
Sistah Goddess

Other Links(Jewelry/accessories/tools)
Denman
God-s Wearable Art
Zurique
Bohemian Soul
Lunaversoul


I am sure there are other links out there that I may be missing, but this is a start. If you know of any great natural hair sites, please let me know!

Comments

Popular Posts