15 Month Braidlocs Update


Here is my 15 month braidlocs update. The back of my head has locked completely. The top of my head still has a few curlies on the end of my locs. I was a little impatient; therefore, I ended up cutting some of them off. My hair is starting to thicken up nicely, and I am finally seeing some length.  My current regimen is I wash with Dr Bonner's Peppermint Castile Soap (diluted) every two weeks.  For a treat, I also use my own herbal hair rinse with apple cider vinegar once a month. Water is key to my locs; so, I mist them daily with water and a drop of peppermint essential oil. I moisturize with Brown Sugar Naturals herbal hair oil every other day. I tried to get my hair palm rolled once, but I do not like the look of my scalp showing. Currently, to re-tighten my locs, I interlock every 3 months. It is still a learning and growing process for me, but I am loving it! I am excited to see what my locs will look like at 24 months. I realize that not all locs are the same. Considering that my hair has a fine texture, I know that my process will be a little longer than most.






Comments

Anonymous said…

Looks nice.

Popular Posts